Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Worst of Andy

I have kind of wanted to delete some of my old posts because, to be quite frank with you, some of them make me want to go back in time to slap myself. They make me cringe, and they make me sweat. For a long time, their removal seemed like the only option.

But that would be self-censorship, right? And in our age of transparency, that's not only dishonest but imprudent. If there are skeletons in your closet, they are going to come out, so it may as well happen on your own terms. So here they are, in all their glory, the worst posts from this blog.

1) What I'm Reading, 7/1/07. A direct quote in response to this post: "Nobody cares what you are reading, Andy. If it's not funny there's no point." Point taken, I will focus on my niche whenever I can. Plus, now that I have Shelfari people can go here to see what books I'm reading, here to see my delicious tags, or here to see my shared items from google reader. And if you haven't realized that this whole thing was a roundabout way for me to brag about how much I read, you don't know me well enough.

2) This post on Ruckus Media, which I used for about two days and then switched to just downloading from iTunes so I could put the songs onto my iPod. This was the post that made me decide to never endorse a product until I myself had used it for more than a week.

3) The two times I linked to videos. I know that some of my friends do it, but I'm sorry, I don't like it when people link to YouTube et cetera. There's so much stuff to keep up with on the internet and only so much time in the day. If you find a world-class video now and then, feel free to show me it in person or through an e-mail. Maybe I'm a purist, but I think that blogging should be mostly for writing, and I loathe loading times.

4) This post on poker. I hate it when other people discuss the bad "beats" they had at the poker table, and I shouldn't hold myself to a double standard. I wasn't even gambling for money, so it couldn't be more irrelevant to you, my valued reader. You all could be anywhere in the world right now, but you're right here with me, and I appreciate that.

5) I don't even know what I was talking about here, here, or here. Don't click on those, whatever you do.

6) All of these stupid, pointless, you could care less movie reviews. Yikes! And I think I left a few out. Now I crowdsource my opinions to imdb and save everybody a lot of valuable time.