Sunday, April 15, 2007

Movie Review: Grindhouse

I say this with the realization that nobody will probably heed my advice, but you really should. If you see Grindhouse, walk out before the second half. Stay for the funny fake ads ("Machete" killed me), stay for the first movie (Planet Terror, very entertaining), but leave before Tarantino's section. My opinion has nothing to do with the fact that the movie is so long, is has to do with the fact that Death Proof may have some of the most boring, useless, and long-winded dialog in the history of any movie. Tarantino has reached a new level of pretentiousness, where he no longer even tries to make a good movie, preferring instead to annoy the $#!@ out of everyone because he knows that they'll watch it anyway. Don't fall into the same trap I did: walk out after the first half. Seriously.