Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Season on the Brink by John Feinstein

I was given this book as a Christmas present from my next door neighbors the Stouts, and I just finished reading it. A fun book in its own right, reading it while playing out my basketball season has been a blast. From October 15 on I was reminded of the things that happened in our season, like the scrimmages against random teams and the quest for a post-season berth. Obviously playing division III is much less time consuming than division I ball (for example, I was able to be at home for 10 days over winter break, whearas the players in the book only had a on or two day break), but the similarities were there nonetheless. As the self-proclaimed "best-selling sports book of all time," I'd recommend this book to any sports fan, but especially to someone that has closely followed college basketball at some point in their life.