Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mark Cuban vs. Daniel Plainview in There Will be Blood

I like Mark Cuban's blog, but his post a couple of weeks ago about his competitiveness was eerily similar to the oil tycoon Daniel Plainview in There Will be Blood. Don't believe me? Here are some quotes from his post and the movie. You try to tell the difference.

"That's what success is all about. It's about the edge."

"I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed."

"...when the girlfriends you have had in the last couple years asked you which was more important, them or your business, you gave the right answer."

"What's this? Why don't I own this... why don't I own this?"

"I love the competition. I love the fire of it."

"Do you think God is going to come down here and save you for being stupid? He doesn't save stupid people."

"I see the worst in people. I don't need to look past seeing them to get all I need."

"It's very simple. It's whether or not you have the edge and have the guts to use it."

Cuban's post is here, the quotes from There Will be Blood are here. I'll post the answers are in the comments. I love Cuban, but at times he sounds a tad insane.