Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Andy sets a new world record; everyone is amazed, the crowd goes wild

From Hawthorne Avenue to Noyes House of Vassar College in just 10 hours, 14 minutes? I left my doorstep at 7:56 AM PT and swiped in to Noyes at 8:18 PM ET. Unless I have done some faulty math, I'm pretty sure that I set a world record.

First of all, I'd like to thank the California Highway Patrol, for not pulling me over when I was going a little bit over the speed limit on 101, and when I ran that yellow light on 19th avenue. Much obliged. I also have to thank the guy on the bus to Grand Central who begrudgingly let me sit next to him, even though I had a couple of bags and a nasty case of the sniffles. Finally, I'd like to thank the plethora of cab drivers lined up outside of the Poughkeepsie train station to drive me to Vassar. Your names will go down in posterity.

I'd also like to personally apologize to the old lady I may have tripped when I was sprinting through Grand Central (I'm not sure, I didn't have time to look back), and the foreigner who I shoved out of the way at the ticket line when he approached me to ask a question. I'm sure you both understand. Duty calls.