Sunday, April 24, 2011

Three Thoughts For Spring

1) If there are things that you can do to increase your perspective on your current problems, like taking a weekend off or writing a journal, then there also should be things you can do to decrease it. But I can't think of any. So is perspective the sort of thing where your typical state is a steady decrease unless you actively increase it through certain, discrete actions? You either have to agree with this model or describe specific ways you can lose perspective.

2) Who will systematically review the systematic reviews? Cochrane reviews, that's who.

3) One thing I wonder, as I try to get into Anki, is how we could make spaced repetition learning into a game. And I don't mean some boring game, like "how many flashcards can I get right today?", but a sweet game, with long-term goals and leveling up and side-missions and bad guys to defeat. I don't know if it could be done, but couldn't you imagine this as a big part of the future of education?