Friday, March 28, 2008

I love other people's dogs

Whenever I go over to other people's houses, I am amazed by how much I love their dogs. They're invariably playful, soft, loud, and happy. They want unconditional attention, and they return it with unconditional tail wagging. You don't have to take them for walks, you don't have to feed them or change their water bowl, and you don't have to wipe their hairs off your clothing every morning. Having a dog is a public service, sacrificing your time to deal with the troubles, so that your friends can enjoy themselves by playing with the dog every day. Some people like to get in arguments like, "my dog is better than yours," but I assure everybody that their dog is indeed much better than mine. My dog can be annoying. Other people's dogs are surely much better.