Saturday, March 29, 2008

Empty Promises and Broken Dreams

I'm getting closer and closer to my goal of watching imdb's top 250. After watching Paths of Glory last night, I have 99 movies left to go. When I reported this happy news to a few friends of mine at breakfast, their response was "what are you going to do when you finish watching them?" They believe that my life will be empty.

You know the saying that it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all? My response is sort of along those lines. I would argue that their lives are empty now, and they will continue to be empty later. True, my life might lose some sense of purpose once I finish them all. But as for now, it's all glory. And I'd rather get an offensive foul going in strong than pull up for a fade-away any day.