Monday, May 25, 2009

SQAB 2009 Breakdown

This past weekend I was in Phoenix, Arizona at a conference of the Society for the Quantitative Analyses of Behavior. I've posted my notes from the speakers on day one and day two at Brains Lab. Aside from my notes, here are a few of my favorite quotes from the conference:

"Every perception is an act of creation, every memory is an act of imagination." -- Gerald Edelman

Intelligence exists as a construct because people who are good at one thing tend to be good at lots of other things. "This may be the most replicated result in all of psychology." - Joel Myerson

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only a control condition for your next experiment."

"Talking to a bunch of behaviorists about consciousness is like talking to a bunch of bankers about virtue." - John Staddon

Thanks to the directors of SQAB for having me! It was a blast.