Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Lifestyle Changes

If you've ever been around me when I'm ordering a sandwich, you probably know how much of a stickler I am about not liking tomatoes on sandwiches. My assertion has always been that it ruins the sandwich. Even if the tomatoes had been taken off, the fact (and the moist juice that goes along with it) that they had once been on was enough of an annoyance to turn me off. But recently I've turned a new leaf. I'm starting to get tomatoes on my sandwiches. Why? Because getting big isn't about eating a lot of bananas in one day. It's about slowly, methodically increasing your calorie intake per day in order to put on muscle. As a good friend once described perfectly, "I don't eat for pleasure. I eat to fuel my body." And if living by that motto means that I have to eat something that I don't necessarily love, then so be it. Bring on the tomatoes.