Sunday, July 16, 2006

The World Cup: Absolutely Amazing

I just want to say that I, for one, absolutely loved the world cup and it may just have turned me into a soccer fan. I am planning on "adopting" an English Premiere League team and following them just for kicks (probably Liverpool, because I already own some paraphernalia). I'm just so sick of dealing with baseball's so-called controversies that are so irrelevant only to watch a baseball game that is quite boring. At this point, the list of sports I would most like to watch goes like this:

1) Olympic curling (can't be topped)
2) American football (discussing the intricacies of the three-four defense never gets old)
3) Basketball (the only problem is that I feel like the refs sorta fix some of the games, especially in the playoffs)
4) European football (easy to watch while doing something else on TV and the crowds are truly fantastic. Plus I love the English announcers--especially when they say stuff like "ambitious ball" or "that's rubbish")

Here's to football!